eTheRNA has entered a new phase in its young but promising history. The company is well positioned and adequately financed to complete phase I and II clinical studies with its mRNA-based TriMix platform for the treatment of advanced melanoma and breast cancer. eTheRNA plays a pioneering role in the development of in vivo mRNA-therapies that deliver tumor antigens to dendritic cells.
eTheRNA groups team members who are all passionate about mRNA technology and who wish to contribute to the development of truly innovative immunotherapies that can help millions of patients by combatting their disease.
Do you share our passion and are you the best in your area? Apply to join our team.
Research Associate Pre-Clinical Development - cloning and synthesis
General Job Description
The Research Associate is a hands-on person and is responsible for the performance of lab activities related to (i) the cloning and pDNA synthesis, the production of research-grade mRNA, purification of research-grade mRNA, QC analysis of research-grade mRNA, (ii) activity validation of mRNA (western blot, ELISA, flow cytometry) and (iii) inventory management of the ordered/produced pDNA, mRNA and their starting materials.
The Research Associate is a member of the pre-clinical team. This position reports into the Head of Product Development.
This position will be based in Niel.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Research Associate’s duties shall include, but not be limited to:
- Primary responsibilities will be to perform, under general supervision, a variety of routine and specialized laboratory operations in the production of research-grade mRNA products, including the cloning and pDNA synthesis, the production of research-grade mRNA, purification of research-grade mRNA, QC analysis of research-grade mRNA;
- Activity validation of mRNA (western blot, ELISA, flow cytometry);
- Inventory management and ordering of laboratory and starting materials as well as ordered and/or produced pDNA and mRNA;
- Document and report data and results in accordance with the current procedures and standards;
- Check the “conform” status of the equipment and materials before use;
- Maintain the laboratorium area in a clean state according to the procedures and instructions,
- Warn the supervisor in case of problems, analyze the data, help in trouble-shooting and propose technical solutions;
- Assist in the development and implementation of new techniques;
- Assist in the technology transfer from/to the GMP production team and third parties (including customers and/or development partners);
- Draft production instructions, forms and protocols.
- Professional BS in Laboratory Techniques or BS in biology, (bio)medicine or life sciences or related field or equivalent relevant laboratory experience.
- Minimum of two years of relevant biopharmaceutical laboratory experience, preferred in industry;
- Strong background in molecular biology techniques (cloning, pDNA synthesis, nucleic acid characterization, purification, protein detection by Western Blot, ELISA, flow cytometry, …) Experience in the field of immunology and cell biology would be an asset;
- Broad technical expertise and mastering of several laboratory techniques;
- Other Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Detail-oriented and accurate in following instructions, record keeping and completion of reports;
- Affinity with working in a quality-oriented environment;
- Able to perform experimental trouble-shooting and propose technical solutions;
- Good organizational capacities and detailed documentation practices;
- Good knowledge of English;
- Good communication skills;
- Well organized, well-structured, hands-on, result focused;
- Able to work under stringent time lines;
- Ability to foster teamwork and a collaborative atmosphere;
- Enthusiastic, flexible and able to multitask;
- Understanding of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- An exciting job in a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment with room for personal development;
- Employment contract of unlimited duration with a competitive salary package.